It’s a movement that began some four years ago in Traverse City, MI by pastor Bryan Berghoef (you can find his blog at pubtheologian.com). The idea is to gather with friends, new and old, to talk about things that matter over a pint. That’s all. It’s pretty simple. In Berghoef’s own words, “Beer and religion have a long history-monasteries served as brewing centers, Martin Luther could brew up a good pint, and so on. A good beer is flavorful and complex, and leaves a lasting impression. It’s the same with a good spiritual practice.”
It seems that this might fit in well here at Holy Apostles! So we will hold an organizing session on Thursday, October 24 at 7 PM. Bring your favorite brew, and we will meet in the Memorial Room. If it seems good to everyone, we can schedule future sessions in one of the many excellent pubs in our area. Come and join in!
The Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia and HOSTS for HOSPITALS are partnering to invite the Greater Philadelphia community to become hosts! We invite you to learn more about how easy it is to help patient-families in this way by attending our NEW HOSTS TRAINING SESSION with dinner, right at CHOP.
Zombie Race at Ridley Creek State Park on Saturday, October 12th. All proceeds will go towards our Girl Scout Troop’s trip to visit the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts Centers in England and Switzerland next summer.
It’s only $42.50 to register online, or $40 if you send in a paper application. We’re not going to judge how you enter, but we hope that you will decide to join us! It’s going to be a scary good time! If you’re not the running or walking dead type, we could always use some volunteers. Please let me know and I will be sure to find a spot for you! Thank you, Cathy Young
To Register, click this link. https://events.r20.
A new calendar has been set up on Google at firstname.lastname@example.org. This is a public calendar so that it can be shared with everyone. Only the administrators have the password and are able to modify events to this calendar. However, with this model, you can simply add this church calendar to your existing Google calendar and events will show up on your calendar. This eliminates the need to log onto the church calendar to view events.
Instructions on how to use the new calendar:
A. For those who already have a Google calendar:
- Log onto your Google calendar
- click calendar at the top
- on the left hand side, click the down arrow on “Other calendars”
- click add a friend’s calendar
- type in email@example.com
- CHA’s events should now show on your calendar
B. For those with Microsoft Outlook or Outlook.com/Hotmail.com
- follow this link for an example of how to add a share calendar to Outlook- http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/18353/view-your-google-calendar-in-outlook-2010/
C. For Apple iCal support
- follow this link- https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/37100?hl=en
- Thursday, September 12th, 6 pm at Wynnewood Valley Park,
- Musical Guest: Beau Django/ Gypsy Swing; Master of Ceremonies: WXPN’s Gene Shay
- Food Concessions – Rain or Shine – Rain location: Church of the Holy Apostles
- Presented by the Penn Wynne Civic Association