A Summer Coffee Hour Sign-Up Sheet has been posted on the bulletin board in the parish hall and a copy is also available online by going to the following link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1RdVWEs7XCV04JpT9xKz9AWbrvYFgYhp0i8lMmolwp0U/edit?usp=sharing
Welcome Church – Sunday, June 28, 2015, and the last Sunday every month, at 3:00 p.m. in Logan Square across from Family Court. If you would like to journey down together, we meet at Holy Apostles at 3:00 p.m. Please join us! Feel free to ask Fr. Dennis if you have any questions.
Church & Pizza – Sunday, July 12, 2015 at 5:30 p.m.
Wolf PAC’s Summer Camp continues from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in most open spaces in the building through August 28th.
Happy Hour, Friday, June 26 at 6:00 p.m. Our next Happy Hour takes place July 24th at 6:00 p.m.
Connect-By-Night: July 1-31.
In just a couple days we will begin our month of sheltering our Connect by Night guests at Holy Apostles…..we still need an additional volunteer for: July 5, and we need one more weekly supply captain starting July 23. All information is below. If you are having any trouble signing up please email me directly and I can add your name.
Thanks!! Chris Costello email@example.com
As in years past we would like two volunteers for each night to make lunches and welcome our guests when they arrive. Typically the volunteers are at the church from 9 until around 10:30. One change this year is we will be making 50 lunches each night so you don’t need to wait to get a head count from the supervisors. This does gives more flexibility with arrival and departure time if people want to volunteer and have conflicts with the late evening times.
Another change this year is we will not be putting fruit into the lunches. The feedback from the staff at connect by night is that the fruit often is wasted. As an alternative we would like to provide 100% fruit juice boxes in each lunch bag. The night you are volunteering it would be great if you could provide 50 juice boxes instead of the fruit you provided in years past. If you are volunteering with another person you can coordinate to split the amount you are bringing.
We also need weekly supply captains. Being a supply captain involves checking the supplies the week you are scheduled and replenishing what is needed. It is helpful if the supply captains have memberships to BJs or Cosco because it is easier to buy bulk amounts. If you are interested in being a supply captain and have questions let me know.
- SIGN UP: through the link below
- FRUIT: We ask the night volunteers to bring 50 juice boxes of 100% fruit juice the night you volunteer instead of fruit to put in the bag lunches.
- NIGHT SNACK AND DRINK: Though it is not required feel free to bring a snack and/or drink to put out for our guests when they arrive. You can set it out in the parish hall. A cold drink is greatly appreciated on those hot nights!
- INSTRUCTIONS will be posted in the kitchen for making the bag lunches.
Link to sign up:
We will hold a Blood Drive in the parish hall on Monday, August 31st, from 2:30 – 7:30 p.m. To schedule an appointment, go to the donor login page at: https://esiebelarecprod.redcrossblood.com/eevents_enu/start.swe?SWECmd=Start&SWEHo=esiebelarecprod.redcrossblood.com
There you can either enter your login information or create a new account. Thanks for your support!
We need your help! As you know Holy Apostles will lose significant rental income beginning September 2015 if we don’t find another tenant for the downstairs area of the church. The space is currently being used by Wolf PAC, a performing arts group and camp. It has been use in the past as a Montessori school. Although the property committee is working tirelessly to market the space, you can help! Go to the Church of the Holy Apostles, Wynnewood, PA Facebook page. There is a post about the space rental. Please share the post on your Facebook timeline! This fast action will get the word out beyond newspapers and rental websites. Thanks!
1) AmazonSmile will donate 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to Holy Apostles. Search Amazon Smile on our website and click the “Get started” button to enroll.
2) See J.T. Wertz to purchase Superfresh and Giant Gift Cards in $100 and $50 denominations. Holy Apostles receives 5% of the proceeds from the sale of these gift cards. The Giant cards may also be used for gas at the Havertown Giant and points accumulate from any Giant for cents off per gallon.
Lost & Found: a Lost and Found basket is located outside the rector’s office. Please check to see if anything belongs to you.